New Age False Gospels
The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus Christ
This book is typical of the occult deception at work. In this book, Jesus is not so much denied, but rather portrayed as a mystical master who had special abilities, and who came to show us how we can become christs (gods). Here is a summary of the teachings of the book that demonstrate how the Bible is contradicted and how truth is subverted until it becomes a lie.
- Jesus puts on the role of The Christ, but is not automatically Christ by nature. By making himself, through effort and prayer, a fit vessel, Jesus enabled The Christ to dwell within him. Christ is therefore used as a term for THE PERFECT HUMAN BEING that Jesus exemplified, a human being that has been “Christened” (anointed) and therefore made holy.
- Reincarnation exists, and is the explanation for various seeming injustices. Reincarnation allows people to settle debts they have incurred in past lives.
- Humanity has forgotten God and is currently working it’s way back to fully remembering God.
- Time is separated into ages. These ages last approximately 2,000 years. We are now nearing the start of the Aquarian Age.
- All souls will eventually mature and become perfect, like Jesus, thus ending the cycle of reincarnation.
- No soul is ever abandoned by God.
These teachings do not agree with the teachings of Scripture and represent an example of what the Bible calls “doctrines of demons”. The New Age prophets and gurus claim that they are becoming enlightened by being given “higher spiritual knowledge” or what they claim is truth, when in fact they are being converted to a false gospel through what the Bible calls doctrines of demons. They have therefore chosen to believe a lie because they have rejected the only true God. According to the Bible, this delusion is the beginning of judgement.
The proliferation of occult and New Age books have much in common; they all claim that Christianity is wrong or false; that the Bible is not the source of absolute truth; or that the Bibles is foolish, evil or defective in some way. They also attack the deity of Jesus Christ and claim that he was simply one of the many enlightened world teachers who came to show us how we can become gods as well. No sooner have new age gurus and prophets denied that there is one true god when the announce that there is in fact one true god – Lucifer. The strategy that we see used all the time is simply the inversion of everything the Bible teaches. According to Romans 1 in the Bible, when we reject God and His truth, we are given over to believe a lie and foolishness and all manner of deception. Read Romans 1.
“When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing, they then become capable of believing in anything.”
― G.K. Chesterton
Here are some examples of how occult and New Age authors and teachers seek to subvert the Bible, God, and Christianity, while at the same time promoting the worship of Lucifer (Satan), and encouraging contact with dark demonic forces (demons) through forbidden spiritual practices.
- Redefine the terminology of the Bible.
- Change the meaning of what the Bible teaches.
- Deny the Deity of Jesus Christ.
- Teach that the stories in the Bible as allegories or metaphors and therefore not to be taken literally.
- Contradict the teachings of the Bible.
- Blend Biblical truth with occult doctrines of demons.
- Subvert Biblical Truth by distorting the teachings of the Bible or by taking Biblical truth out of context.
- Deny the existence of one true God.
- Deny the existence of Jesus as Christians understand Him.
- Deny the existence of Satan.
- Deny the existence of demons.
- Deny that sin exists (claiming man is inherently good or can become perfect through Karmic practices)
- Deny the need humans have to be saved (replaced with Karma)
- Deny judgement after death, claiming that we never die (teaching instead Karma and evolution).
- Teach that there are many paths to “god” (it is claimed that all religions worship the same god).
- Promote contact with the dark side of the spirit world, claiming that it is good and beneficial (when in fact the Bible reveals a very different perspective; that the dark side of the world is extremely deceptive, evil and destructive).